I think of dieting, then I eat pizza.
Luckily, this pizza fits into my diet! Me and my husband recently started the keto lifestyle and we’re loving it. Since regular ground beef with cheese and sour cream can get boring we decided to branch out and get creative with our dinner – this also really helps to stay on track and not go “no carb crazy”. This pizza is sooo filling. Even though it’s the exact size of a personal pizza, both me and Lucas couldn’t finish our half and that says a lot because we can EAT! And who doesn’t love eating pizza GUILT FREE?!?
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp garlic powder
5-6 tablespoons no sugar added marina sauce
*give or take depending how much sauce you like
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine cream cheese and mozzarella cheese – reserve 1/2 cup for topping, microwave until melted – this should take 1-2 minutes (make sure to stop and mix every minute)
- Add in eggs, almond flour, parmesan cheese and garlic powder until fully combined
- Bake only the crust for about 10-15 minutes, keep an eye on it, popping any bubbles with a fork
- Remove the dough, spread on marinara sauce & add any topppings you’d like! I added the reserved 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, pepperoni to half of the pizza for Lucas – goat cheese and red onion on my half…YUM!
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the crust starts to brown
- Take pizza out, eat, enjoy, have your mind blown by this yummy keto friendly dinner!
Macros for entire pizza without any toppings (just marinara and mozz cheese): 1217 calories – 122g fat, 38 carbs, 13 fiber (25 net carbs) and 95g protein!
Pro tip: If you’re using MyFitnessPal to track your macros, go to “more” then “meals, recipes & foods” and create your own recipe! You can put in exactly how you like it (less cheese, more cheese, etc.) and then whenever you make it you can just search for your recipe instead of plugging in every single ingredient every time! Makes it soo easy and who wants to spend that much time tracking macros? Not me!
ALSO…disclaimer: I am NOT saying this is going to taste like pizza from your favorite NYC pizza place OK??? But if you’re following the keto lifestyle and you’re also super pro pizza and don’t know how you could live without it (me), you need this. Honestly, to me, it tastes like a regular homemade pizza! Let me know how you like it and if you do make it, tag me so I can see how creative you got with your toppings!
Happy eating 😋🍕